SPAEN Advocacy in Action Award 2021 Winners announced during SPAEN Conference 2022
Patient advocacy ensures that people are heard, take action and ultimately improve situations, achieve changes or help to fulfil unmet medical needs. We believe it is time to shout out about how important patient advocacy in sarcomas is – for patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals or anyone interested in sarcomas. We want to celebrate and honour outstanding practices, projects, initiatives or campaigns and the creators working behind these activities.
- Establish a framework to bring the perspectives of people with personal experience of sarcoma
- Influence the direction of our research funding
- Able to base research funding decisions equally on the scientific merit of the applications and their relevance for people affected by sarcoma
- Support desmoid tumor patients and their caregivers during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Positive response and the amazing impact this initiative for the patients and their caregivers
- Continue with this project on a long-term basis
We thank all applicants for their submissions – the decision was difficult as all projects showed wonderful & important work!
The winning projects in the respective categories (traditional / innovative COVID-19-related) will receive 2.000 € each!
The SPAEN Advocacy in Actions Award 2022 will be announced in September 2022. Watch our for it!