GIST Support International (GSI)
12 Bomaca Drive
Doylestown, PA 18901
Tel.: +1 215- 340-9374
Barbara Doré (Board Member)
Julie Royster (Science Co-ordinator)
GIST Support International (GSI) is an all-volunteer group of patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST), family members, and interested professionals. Our e-mail listserv includes over 1400 subscribers who form an online community to share information about GIST treatment and to support each other in living with GIST.
- To be recognized as the premier GIST patient group: independent, unbiased and providing a respected international voice for GIST patients.
- To create a portal that GIST patients, caregivers, medical professionals, media and others think of as the FIRST place to go for complete, accurate, up-to-date information on Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors.
- To continue to provide an online community where both patients and caregivers can interact and feel comfortable sharing thoughts, ideas and experiences while working through the emotional roller-coaster of living with cancer.
- To produce top-quality educational products about GIST in order to enable all patients to become their own best advocates.
- To maintain an educational, informative website with accurate information about practical issues as well as medical aspects of GIST and its treatment.
- To translate key sections of our website for international GIST patients.
- To reach out internationally to all GIST patients who do not have access to the internet.
- To remain focused solely on GIST patients.