Working at SPAGN: We are hiring!
Communications Specialist (m/f/d)
Part-time or freelance, remotely
...are an experienced multi-channel communications specialist with interest or experience in patient advocacy and/or medicine, oncology, healthcare or pharma?
... like to work independently and flexibly in an international virtual team?
... are hands-on, creative and want to help shaping the future of an established and growing collaborative network?
Then you've come to the right place at Sarcoma Patients Advocacy Global Network (SPAGN).
We are the international network of currently 57 national patient advocacy groups dealing with a special group of rare cancers = sarcomas, gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), bone sarcomas and desmoid tumors. We empower/support each other and provide a common, influential, international patient voice. We work in partnership with leadings sarcoma experts, scientists, pharma industry and other stakeholders to foster research, to improve the treatment and care of sarcoma patients and to increase the visibility of sarcoma among policy makers and the public. Our joy and passion in working across borders drive us to achieve necessary change together with our collaborators.
We are looking for a Communications Specialist, experienced in qualified project management!
- Development and delivery of multi-channel communication and engagement strategies for SPAGN (traditional/new media), effective use of resources and ensuring efficient production and consumption of content
- Use digital media effectively to raise our profile and reach agreed audiences and take responsibility for managing digital content strategy
- Implementation and creation of communication content, including website articles, social media content, newsletters, etc.
- Further development and maintenance of the website
- Establishment and expansion of communication with SPAGN member groups, central contact for current and future groups and support in the establishment and development of new groups through mentoring processes (in cooperation with the board/executive director)
- Organizational support for the board and the executive director
- Support in the pursuit and implementation of the strategic goals set by the Board of Management as well as participation in project and activity planning for the coming years
Your qualification and experience:
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in a similar role - with experience in the healthcare sector, in the pharmaceutical industry or in a communications agency or in a patient advocacy organization
- Strategic thinking
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism when working with diverse groups of people from different cultural and professional backgrounds
- Ability to work flexibly, proactively and in a virtual environment, independently or as part of a team, and as part of an international remote team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially in English
- Keen interest in working in patient advocacy and the healthcare sector
- Flexibility and mobility for international travel, e.g. to join meetings or medical conferences
- The opportunity to thrive in an intense, rewarding do-it-yourself environment and help shape the future of a growing international network
- Immediate start possible
- Flexible working hours - mainly in the home office
- The opportunity to work on high impact projects with a dynamic and international team
You don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building and providing a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this.
Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and we are looking forward to getting to know you!
If you have any question, please reach out to
Kathrin Schuster, SPAGN Executive Director
Photo: Eric Prouzet on Unsplash
Leave a Comment